Monday, July 18, 2011

Dreamers keep their word


...as best we can.

Lately, I have been dealing with extenuating circumstances left and right. I have all these plans to finish my assignment by 7pm tonight. It was a self-imposed deadline...mostly. My guru wanted to know when the articles would be ready.

me: 7pm Tuesday.

I don't know what made me say that. I think I have an overinflated sense of my abilities. Or maybe I underestimated the many ways that I could be distracted and kept from working. That's it.

See, I soon found out that Rachel was going to need to stay over, even though she wasn't supposed to be on account of the bathroom is getting remodeled...still. It was an agreement with her father that they would stay with him until it was done. It's simply too difficult to manage that many people sharing one bathroom when the bathroom in question is in the master bedroom.

So, after we made that agreement, Rachel's been here almost every night. And since she works almost every day, I spend a lot of time driving her around. It sucks an hour out of my day each way.

Add to that the errands I now have to run for the company...well, I better write my little fingers to the nubbins tonight because my availability tomorrow is disappearing FAST. There's a bank run and a check drop off and a Lowe's run that all promise to occupy me for a good two to three hours, depending upon traffic. Stupid traffic.

Still, I have to deliver. I have to keep my word. I can't let my guru down...not when he is my biggest employer other than Sam. Think of me.

2 comments:

  1. You are exhausting me just by reading your blog. I'd be dragging my nose to the floor by the end of the day if I were in your shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah. You are one tough chick. You'd be just fine. :)

    ReplyDelete