Friday, September 14, 2012

Dreamers believe...

Make your life full of sunshine and rainbows.
There was a post I read on Facebook yesterday:

Having a sad afternoon. Overwhelmed by both the mass media and by individuals and groups very nearby. Feeling like those who are greedy and selfish really do out number those who are giving and compassionate.

The post made me sad.  

I don't believe that for one moment.  How could I?

For the most part, I am blessed to be surrounded by good people.  The reason for this is that I have no room in my life for bad people.  They drain the happy and the positive energy.  They create a black cloud and take up space in my head that I need for other things.

I believe that the mass media is too quick to report all the bad stuff going on in the world and sensationalize it.  I think this is why so often the bad seems overwhelming.  So, I have all but stopped watching the news.  Too much negativity.

There is good all around us, everywhere, every day.  We just need to dig deep and search.  And the funny thing is that once we start practicing that, it is easier to do.  It takes less effort to find the good.

Yesterday, I was sad and overwhelmed.  I took my moment to grieve, to let it all go, and then I worked to find my happy.  It didn't take much.  Kenna is doing so well.  I credit all the love and attention she receives in our care.  We have patiently and diligently worked to make our home comfortable and esthetically pleasing.  I am blessed with a loving and supportive husband who is great at talking through everything with me.  We share common goals and dreams.  We make beautiful plans.

Yes, there are bad people in this world.  Yes, bad things happen.  It's all how I choose to react to it that makes the impact on my life.  It's all about who I choose to share my life with.  It's okay to be selective.  It's okay to let people go.  It's important to make the changes that will help me get where I want to be and have a life I'm proud of, a life that makes me happy, a life where I can share happiness with those I love.

Feel like there are too many bad people in the world?  Make sure you eliminate the bad people from your world and you'll feel much better. 

1 comment: