Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Dreamers appreciate all their blessings.

Sam and Christie hanging with me at the hospital
As I type, a few tears are trickling down my cheeks.  My big, red, puffy cheeks.

It is obvious to me that I am blessed.  I really am.

Sam has gone home to pick up Keenan so that he can come visit me and meet his teeny tiny sister.  Christie, Sam's sister, came and visited for several hours this morning.  And even though I am alone for the moment, I don't feel abandoned in the least.  I feel loved and supported.

Because I am.

And this is why I am blessed.

Sure, I hurt...a product of the c-section.  Sure, Kenna's condition is touch and go.  (Although, we're barely allowed to touch...)  Sure, there are financial challenges.  Aren't there always?

All that matters is that I can't for one moment muster up an ounce of sadness about any of it.  How could I?  I have been blessed with an amazing support group.

I felt so guilty that I hadn't been able to post an update about our status yesterday, but when I finally managed...I discovered that 45 people had sent messages of love and support.  Yeah, it made me cry.  It humbles me to know that I have so many loving, caring people in my life.

Somehow, we will get through this.  Kenna is fighting.  She has a number of challenges to face every day.  And I know I should be a nervous wreck, but for some reason, I'm not.  I am calm and serene and positive.  There are so many people rooting for us, I can't imagine a negative outcome.

7 comments:

  1. I am cheering as loud as I can over here!! Can ya hear me?? I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Just keep looking forward. Or in the words of the great Dory "Just keep swimming"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ((hugs)) stay strong my friend. Kenna is strong too, I firmly believe it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you are posting updates! You are one strong mama!! We are still keeping you in our thoughts and prayers! XO michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. As far as financial concerns go, see if the hospital will help you get her set up with Medicaid. During the first year of life, I think the income limit is twice the federal poverty line. Counting you, Sam, Keenan, and Kenna, that's a family of four. Looks like in NC, that's $3,725 a month. And if you exceed that, you may still be eligible for some other programs. Don't let the finances worry you -- it will get resolved, and everything will be a-okay. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm trying to complete one thing at a time. That's what I do. So far, we're hanging in there. It's good. And it was so good having Keenan and Sam stay with me last night until midnight. Just what I needed. That, and the late night NICU visit. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hoping and praying that she puts on weight and can soon breathe on her own.

    ReplyDelete