Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Dreamers apologize...

I'm sorry that I haven't been writing as much.  I'm sorry that I haven't been doing well with keeping you informed and in the loop. 

To say that we have been busy is a gross understatement. 

We have about torn the house apart over the past month.  There is an order to all remodeling projects.  And what started as a simple plan of replacing the ancient carpeting in the house with hardwoods so that Kenna could breathe became so much more.  The ceiling in the bedroom had to be scraped first.  The walls had to be painted.  It forced us to finally commit and finish the great room.  It made is finally paint the hall and change out that light.  It forced us to finally turn our master bedroom into the oasis we needed.

I've been busy reconnecting with Rachel.  In so many ways, we are back where we were before with the constant communication and sharing.  There are still some wounds that need to heal, but this is a very promising start.

And I've been busy with court.  It's a long story.  Let's just say that our gentleman's agreement only works if both parties adhere to it.  I'm a lady.  I've kept my word.  And my ex...well, he is no gentleman. 

Bishop has been a challenge as of late.  The floors are a bit much for him.  He acts like Bambi on ice.  And he's been sick.  The seasonal allergies are killing him.

What little free time I have goes to cleaning and gardening and time with Kenna...because Sam has given me the house of my dreams, so I need to take care of it.  He's given me the gardens of my dreams (herb and vegetable) so I have to maintain them.  And we all know that Kenna is what happens when two dreamers fall in love.  She's had a bit of a rough spell, but I just go and love her through it.  It's working.

Kenna is in a crib now.  And she's doing so much better breathing.  And if we can just get this feeding thing under control...she'll be practically ready to come home. 

There's this magical place we've heard about...the Special Care Nursery.  It's where babies go to grow and feed before coming home.  It's the last stop in the hospital.  And we're working on getting there.  It's close.  I can feel it.

And while we work toward all this...my apologies for not being better at posting.  Of course you can follow our progress daily on Facebook

3 comments:

  1. Girl, you don't have to apologize for all that you have going on. Take care of your family, okay?

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited to hear that you and Rachel are reconnecting! Now when we get Kenna home, your family will be complete. Much love, dearie!

    P.S. Don't ever worry about not posting - you're too hard on yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this picture of your Kenna. She looks so very sweet.

    ReplyDelete