Monday, April 2, 2012

Dreamers know good things grow

We have been busy around the house lately.  And it is so nice to start seeing the fruits of our labors.

Take the master bedroom, for example.  I am in love with the paint.  I love it.  And to think we picked right the first time.  Because that is so not our style.  The great room took forever.  Yup.  And I'm not even in love with the results.  I like the room...but not in the same way I love love love the master.

We went with a green...Irish Paddock.  Of course.  I knew I could convince my Irish man to go with a green that color, since I couldn't get the color I really wanted: Green Water.  He said it was too blue.  He hates blue in the bedroom because my old house had a blue bedroom.  There's nothing getting by him.

Ah, but what really makes the room...aside from the newly scraped ceiling...the taupe suede wall.  It's an easy paint treatment.  And it makes the room.  It's the perfect accent wall.

So, when it came time to paint the hall, since it needs to be done before the floors...I went with the same green.  And the way that new light shines on it...perfection.

What does this mean?

No more painting.  Thankfully.  Because not only do I not enjoy painting, but I rather suck at it.  Really.

Thus it's on to new projects.  We have our new windows coming in.  And the Hardie is on order.  This house will be practically new by the time Kenna comes home.  We're doing everything we can to make it energy efficient and lung friendly.

Kenna's lungs are really having a rough time.  I look forward to the day when she is healed, but the doctors and nurses tell us it could take a good year or more.  And we're already having to tell friends that they can't hold Kenna.  She has no immune system.  The doctors and nurses have warned us no one should hold her, other than her parents.   I'll do what it takes to make sure that she's healthy.  Kenna's health comes first.

And I guess that's one of the reasons I wanted to grow a garden this year.  I figured I could make baby food from all the fresh vegetables.  It's a start.  And so I'm super proud that they have started growing.

I'm working my butt off now so that when Kenna comes home, I can focus on being a mom and taking care of her.  The business should only take a few hours of my day.  That leaves plenty of snuggle time.  And that baby girl deserves all the snuggles she can get after her rough start.  We can't wait to make it up to her.

2 comments: