Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Dreamers stay ridiculously busy

Our floors in progress...
I guess it was about 2pm Monday that Sam called me at home, just as I was headed to the hospital.  And when I am at the hospital or on the way to the hospital...I don't really hear anything.  I am super focused on Kenna. 

Then I arrived home that night and realized that I was supposed to help move furniture after making and cleaning up from dinner.  That...was not my favorite night.  By the time we settled in it was after nine.  And after watching a few shows, our night was over.

Tuesday morning came entirely too quickly.  And waking up to Bishop peeing in our bedroom was not the way I planned to start my day.  Yes, Bishop is on meds after his trip to the vet.  Of course the dog is on steroids, too.  Yes, the biggest and smallest family members are rocking the 'roids.  So, he is prone to pee.  This I understand.  What I don't understand is why he didn't let us know he needed to pee.  And I also don't know why I am always on bodily function clean up. 

Being a mom is not the most glorious role I've ever had.

And then there are these moments...moments I would trade for anything.  Moments like...holding Kenna.  I rushed from the house after helping move more of our stuff.  You never realize how much stuff you have until you move or have to remove it from it's location.  Yeah.  We have plenty of stuff.

The drive to the hospital was lovely.  No traffic.  And I made it to the hospital with time to spare.  Soon enough, I was snuggling Kenna.  She does so well just laying there in my arms or up against my chest.  She just relaxes.  She lets me touch her hands and often squeezes back.  Her breathing is better.  Her sats are better.  She is calmer.  It's just the ideal situation for her...mommy-Kenna snuggle time.

We had a big meeting with one of our distributors yesterday and all the big wigs.  It was interesting.  People are never how you expect them to be.  And meetings never go precisely as planned.  I know this.  I set my expectations low and prepare for anything.  In all honesty, it went pretty much exactly how I expected.  It was Sam who was surprised and disappointed. 

Then it was an early bedtime because...we have no living room.  And there was nothing we needed to do...really.

Sam: We should spend more time in here.  We have a really nice bedroom.

me: I used to shut down the house after dinner and hang out with the kids in my room.  I love hanging out in the master bedroom.

Sam: You could have done that here.

Yeah, I could have, but if I did we wouldn't be where we are today.  We needed to bond.  He needed to learn how to share his life.  He needed to figure out how to be with someone.  And I had just about enough patience to teach him.  And I needed to get used to being with someone, too.  Marriage doesn't always mean togetherness.

So, we've been busy.  All indications are that we will be staying busy the rest of the week.  I just can't wait to get to the hospital for snuggle time.

2 comments:

  1. Snuggle time! Yay Kenna!

    Those floors look awesome. Jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love hearing about how special your snuggle time with Kenna is, it is so beautiful, she is so precious, I know it just melts your heart. Praying for her as always.

    ReplyDelete