Thursday, April 5, 2012

Dreamers need to keep their heads out of the clouds

Yeah, that's where I went wrong yesterday.  I thought about it.  And that is most decidedly where I went wrong.  I won't make that mistake again today.  Nope.  I'm on top of things.

See, my day started out super stellar.  (This would be the time my day actually started, as opposed to the middle of the night when I woke up to Bishop peeing on the carpet in the room.)  So, I was working on the laptop in the garage, since the house was taken over by flooring installation, and one of the flooring installers came over to me and handed me FOUR four leaf clovers that he found in the yard. 

I guess from that moment on I felt like I was coated in Teflon.  Everything would just bounce off me.  I was indestructible.  Right.

It was a few hours later that I was rushing to the hospital to see my baby girl.  I had to bring her milk.  And there was a lot going on.  Our window order had been suddenly delivered.  And Sam needed my help.  And I was distracted by my need to get to my pumping supplies, but my inability to do so because the house was in complete and utter chaos. 

Sam had left.  He was gone.  And I knew he was coming back, but I had no idea he would be back so quickly.  All I knew was that I needed to get going or miss time with Kenna.  So, I hopped in the car and backed out and nearly crushed Sam. 

All I saw behind me was the garbage truck.  Somehow, he had managed to pull in beside me, open his doors, and lean in to get a nail gun for the guys.  And I nailed his door, thereby nailing him. 

me: Are you okay?

Sam: I've been better.

He saw the look on my face.

Sam: I've been worse.  I'm fine!

And he headed back out.  I drove off to the hospital.  When I was just ten minutes away, after driving for a good twenty minutes, I realized in all the drama, I had forgotten the milk.  So, I had to turn around and drive back home.  I called to let our nurse know what was going on and she let me know what was going on with Kenna.

Our baby girl has stage 3 Retinopathy of Prematurity.  And she may need surgery.  In less than a week.

Stupid four leaf clovers. 

So, it's been crazy around here.  There has been huge progress on the house.  Sam is fine.  And he was never angry with me.  He was more bothered by the fact that I was upset.  He's a good husband and promises to be an amazing daddy.  I have spoken with Kenna's doctors and they aren't worried about the anesthesia, but the intubation.  She was doing so well on CPAP.  Either way, it will all work out.

I am so blessed. 

1 comment:

  1. Well you count your blessings still. Sam is unhurt, Kenna is alive, you are doing well and even though the house is a mess its getting fixed the way you always dreamed.

    ReplyDelete