Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Dreamers embrace routines

One of us is way more excited about this walk than the other.
It has taken some getting used to.

We waited forever for Kenna to come home.  And we worked our butts off to make it happen.

We struggled to make the home ready for her, safe for her.  We struggled to learn how to care for her, since this little one came home with hardware and pumps and monitors...oh my.

It wasn't easy.

Ah, but we know that anything worth having is worth working for.  Anything worth doing is worth doing well.  We don't do anything halfway.

So we threw ourselves into being Kenna's parents.  And it worked.  Kenna is thriving.  We are thoroughly exhausted.  Finally we have managed to get organized.  We have managed to establish a routine.

Parents live and die by routines.

In having a routine, I am able to accomplish more.  I am writing more for Yahoo!.  I am writing maintaining Suddenly *Not So *Single Journey five days a week again.  I'm even dabbling over here, rekindling my dreams.

Most importantly...I have started exercising again.

Technically, I started two weeks ago.  I worked out twice that week.  I hurt so bad, I took the weekend off and most of the following week.  I managed to exercise again twice that week.  But on Monday, I vowed to start the week right.  I wanted Kenna to get some fresh air.  So, I am walking with my little girl.  She mostly sleeps in the stroller.  And I'm good with that.

I have even managed to get more work done around the house.  We are organizing and remodeling...for a change.  And it is starting to feel comfortable to me.  I needed that...on account of I spend so much time at home.  

Before I know it, life will be a comfortable new normal.  I'll be back in my writing groove.   I'll be feeling fabulous about our year.  I hate feeling like I am wasting time.  Time...is precious.  And time with family and friends...even more precious.

Hope you have time for family and friends and that your routines let you grow.

2 comments: