Monday, April 9, 2012

Kenna's Necklace from LightShine Designs

So yesterday was Easter and today is Kenna's three month birthday.  She's a big three month old girl today.  Yay, Kenna!

And we are all about making memories.  So, we made sure we spent some time at the hospital with our girl.  It's super important.  I'm not just sitting around at the hospital during that time, even though I am.  What I'm really doing is helping my baby heal.  She breathes better from snuggling on my chest and hearing me breathe, hearing my heart beat.  She is easier going and relaxes more.  (When I heard that, I had to double check and make sure that she wasn't sick.  Kenna is usually pretty feisty.)

The big thing is that she not come unglued all the time.  She can't gain weight that way.  She has to be calm.  And those words do not usually describe my baby girl.

So, I was sitting on the couch in the garage trying to get some work done the other day when Sam brought me the mail.  And I was super excited when I saw the package from my friend Rebecca, owner of LightShine Designs.  She makes custom jewelry.  Most recently, she made me custom jewelry.  Rebecca contacted me and asked about making a piece for Kenna.  She asked me for some ideas, and when I opened the package, I realized how perfect it was, how well she had listened. 

The custom necklace has a 'K' for Kenna and a purple crystal butterfly because that's what I'm doing her bedding in...purple butterflies.  It is perfect.  And I couldn't wait to wear it for the first time on Easter Sunday.

I held Kenna and told her the story of the necklace.  I told her that one day it would be hers.  She seemed to like that.  She slept with her hand wrapped around the chain.  And I'm sure as she gets older and more aware she will admire the butterfly and know that the 'K' is for Kenna. 

If you want a magical piece that is custom made, contact Rebecca.  She has a ton of pictures of the jewelry she has made on her LightShine Designs fan page.  And the pieces that she has up for sale can be found on her Etsy page.  I love her wire wrapped stone necklaces.  I plan on dropping many hints to Sam.  I mean, Mother's Day is coming. 

All I know is how much I appreciate this piece.  It's hard to find affordable custom made jewelry.  And it is so special to have something so meaningful.  Thank you, Rebecca!

No comments:

Post a Comment