Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Dreamers play the waiting game in style

Yup.  That's what we do.

When we were waiting over Christmas, Sam's family came to visit Christmas Eve.  I loved it.  And then Lonnie and Lindsay came to visit Christmas Day.  Then some neighbors were around for New Year's Eve.  And I totally blew the bed rest thing for a few hours and went to visit Sam's family New Year's Day.  (Come on, Mama Vicki made cake!)  I rested plenty there, so I only wasn't laying during the drive.

And that brings me to tonight.

Lindsay and I have been planning a night of movies and snacks.  Those are my favorite nights.  And if I'm going to be stuck on the couch, it's nice to do it with friends around, having fun, pretending everything is normal.  It makes it easier that way.  The more distractions I have, the better I feel.  Instead, I lay around and feel every little pain.

So, we'll be watching movies.  Horror movies!  And we'll be eating all kinds of goodies.  I don't know yet.  I have some things I'd like, but since Sam does the shopping these days, I have to wait and see what he selects.  In a perfect world, there would be homemade nachos.  We use turkey meat.  And Sam cooks it so well that it is incredibly tender.  There would be cheese and lettuce and salsa and sour cream...all the perfect taco fixings.  And brownies.  I think we need brownies.  Definitely.

And then in the morning...the next step.  It feels so good to make it.  Kenna is holding up better than I am.  I'm good with that.  We're taking it day by day.  Each day is a huge victory.  And I'm so happy.

3 comments:

  1. I hope he does treat you to some tasty nachos. That sounds delicious, actually. Mmm, nachos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get your nachos and brownies soon. Glad to hear that you are both still hanging in there. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Love you cousin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pic, now I'm craving nachos ... we could call it sympathy cravings for your pregnancy!! :) I'm glad you are in a good space right now and hope it continues indefinitely.

    ReplyDelete