Saturday, January 14, 2012

Dreamers light a candle of hope for Kenna

We believe in hope.  We struggle to remain hopeful.  Some days are easier than others.  Every day is a practice in hope and patience with a micro preemie.

Kenna keeps us on our toes. 

We get daily updates from the doctor.  Usually, I have already called to get my own update.  I do it twice a day.  I call first thing in the morning to see how Kenna managed over night.  And then I call at night so that I can sleep.  In the middle, we visit.

Kenna is stable.

I write daily Facebook updates because...people ask.  And it is easier to write a mass update than to call and update so many individuals.  There are so many who are keeping up with Kenna's condition.  There is no denying we are blessed.  Despite the challenges, we are very blessed.

And I'm glad for the challenges.

You may think I'm crazy, but we thrive on challenges.  We appreciate our life because it doesn't come easily.  We adore our children because we know what miraculous blessings they are.  And while it would be nice if something was easy...ever...the challenge means that Kenna is still with us, still fighting.

So this weekend, I followed the lead of our step-sister.  Kenna has her own group.  People are lighting candles for her.  If you would like, I'd be honored and deeply touched if you did, too.

Light a candle for Kenna

Fill a page with words of hope.  And maybe we'll get lucky.  Maybe she'll have one really great day in there before we celebrate her first week of life on Monday.  One week.  It went so fast, yet I felt every minute of it.

And I felt the strength and love and prayers that were sent on her behalf.  It gave me the strength and hope I needed to carry on.  Thank you for that.  My words are simply inadequate to show you how much it all means to us.  Just know that you have made a difference in our life and the life of one teeny tiny little girl.

1 comment:

  1. I'm hoping that she starts gaining weight soon and gets healthier every day. Keeping all you in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete