Thursday, January 19, 2012

Dreamers send hugs and kisses to everyone who shares and cares

Hugs and kisses, from us...to you.
It amazes me every day that so many people follow our story and share our cares and struggles.  And it amazes me that because of my openness, others are sharing their stories.  Every day I discover others who had similar experiences and not so similar outcomes.

It breaks my heart to hear how others suffered.  I know what it's like because I've suffered loss before.  We've suffered loss before.  Before Kenna, I lost a daughter, stillborn at 27 weeks...and she was bigger than Kenna.  And Sam and I lost our son last year, miscarried at 12 weeks, the day before Thanksgiving.

Maybe I have gone through so much in my life so that I can be there for others, so that I can honestly say that I know what they are going through, what they are experiencing.  And if that's the case, I believe it's worth it. All the pain and suffering will have meaning.

Now, however, I think our story is meant to be one of hope.  At least, that's how I'm writing it.  I have been really lucky because I have such an amazing support group.  This group spans the US, and is even international...thanks to Sahaja.

All this love and support has meant that I have the strength to do what I need to do.  (I write this as I'm supposed to be at the grocery store, so this support group also gives me an excuse for being home on the couch.  As in, Sam, I'm working! So, loads of thanks.) 

We are lucky we have had so many good updates to share.  Sure, we have had our share of drama, but it's the good stuff that I remember.  Did I mention she has TWO eyes now?  Two!  And even though there was some concern that she would have kidney issues from the medicine, she isn't...yet.

We are lucky that Kenna is such a fighter.  We are lucky that she obviously wants to be here.  Of course, she doesn't know us yet.  She may not feel that way when she gets older.  It's a risk, but so very worth it.

Keenan has promised if I take a really good picture of her, he'll make it his screen saver.  That's a whole lot of love coming from a 14 year old boy.  He does care.

We've felt to much love lately.  It's come in the form of hugs and comments and comments that are like hugs and warm smiles and offers of shoulders and chocolate covered strawberries and carmel and cheddar popcorn and ready to bake frozen deep dish Chicago pizzas from a friend in Chicago.  Yeah, it's been a whole lot of love. 

And all that love is so much appreciated.  Know that I send love to everyone, too.  Know that I don't take a single moment for granted, or one single act of kindness.  We have an attitude of gratitude.  And we have much to be grateful for.

9 comments:

  1. I really love following your journey and I wanted to say thank you for sharing with us. Your little girl sounds amazingly strong and what a fighter she is. I know this has to be so hard on your family including your son. He sounds like he is going to be a wonderful big brother.

    Praying Kenna gets stronger everyday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are hanging in there. Kenna is a fighter. And Keenan will be a wonderful big brother.

      Thank you for your continued prayers.

      Delete
  2. Even during your darkest moments, Nicki...you shine a light that makes a difference in the lives of others!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki, You give me entirely too much credit. Glad you weren't there the day I was crying my eyes out before her surgery. Not much light then. :)

      I just feel really blessed to have so much family support. It really helps.

      Delete
  3. You are an amazing woman and I say prayers every day for you and your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, thank you for the prayers, anonymous stranger. ;)
      I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful family.

      Delete
  4. I love to read Kenna's progress reports in your daily blogs. Can't comment on the wordpress one for some silly reason but you know I care cousin dear.

    So what do you have for baby items? Are you registered any where? I'm keeping hope but you know that with the micro preemie links I gave you the other day.

    Love you all. Keeping your little family in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems so silly sometimes that something as cold and impersonal as the internet has brought you into my life in such a strange way, and I care. I absolutely do care. I don't even know you really, yet I am here rooting and cheering and praying and waiting for updates and holding my breath right along with everyone else who cares. Hordes of us. Look how many lives you've touched. Your warmth and your spirit transcend the words on the computer screen and you've made a difference in our lives. You've built a community here. Now your community, virtual though it may be, is rallying around you in support. You deserve no less.

    ReplyDelete