Monday, March 19, 2012

Baby's got back

Kenna has been sleeping a lot.  She needs to.  It's part of her recovery.

And these moments where she is awake and alert are rare.  I don't want to mes with her much when I visit.  I don't want her awake and agitated because she isn't being fed.  She'll figure that out soon enough.  I don't need her being more aware of that.

Her nurses had picked up on that, too.  They know that she is...well, they all keep using the word 'feisty.'  And they know she has a way of getting her way, a way of getting what she wants by desating when she is upset.  So, for her health, they spoil her.

And in an effort to not irritate her any more than necessary, they even change her diaper when she is laying on her belly without flipping her over.  That's what happened yesterday.  She was asleep when the nurse went in to suction her.  And since she was already bothering her, she checked her temperature.  And if she was already doing all of that, she might just as well change her diaper.

That's when I saw it.  Kenna has the beginnings of butt cheeks!

I was so excited, I had to text Sam.

me: She has a butt.

Sam: You did it.

me: I did what?

Sam: You gave her a butt.

me: Finally, my contribution to our baby!

Seriously.  She has so many of his features.  I'm pretty sure I even had a glimpse of blue eye yesterday.  Sometimes I feel like I had very little to do with her existence.  I only had twenty-four weeks to make an impression.  Apparently, I failed miserably.

Our baby is filling out.  She is healing.  And I have high hopes that she will be home...eventually.  I can't wait. 

2 comments:

  1. YIPPEEEE!!!!

    Go Kenna! Yay for Nicki's butt!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that she is finally gaining some fat pads.

    ReplyDelete