Friday, March 23, 2012

Dreamers deal with haters



Every few weeks or so, I get a really nasty comment on this blog.  You never see it.  I deal with it.  I dispose of it for all of us.  And while I'm pretty sure I know the source, the coward who hides behind the anonymous comment, and that I could simply be direct and address this individual...I decided to do what I do.  I decided to help others who all deal with mean, nasty, ugly people in their lives. 

Sure, I had that millisecond where I was hurt.  Then I remembered the eternal wisdom of Taylor Swift.  People throw rocks at things that shine.  Most of the time, I'm so happy that I practically glow.  No wonder.  And then I felt sorry for this person, like I do for all people who throw stones.  How unhappy must you be with your life that you have to reach out and try to make others miserable?  That seems pretty sad.  It makes me sad for anyone who lives like that. 

My spirit is too strong to be taken down a notch by mean words. 

You can keep sending those nasty grams, making nasty comments, dropping nasty test messages.  I'm fine.  I'm good.  I'm not going to play into any of it.  You can't hurt me.  You can't dim my light.  Let that be true for all of you.  Just remember that when people are being mean, they are trying to drag you down to their level, trying to make you hurt like they are hurting.  Don't feed the anger, feel sorry for that unhappy soul.  And stay strong.  Stay true to you.

Just shine.

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry that a person is that pathetic to send a nasty message to you. I really dont understand that at all. Since reading your blog, I feel that you and your husband have been through the most trying times and are making such strides on bringing your little one home. Keep your head high and keep marching forward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coz, you can always call me and vent to me about the spew that the anon is writing to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG - you have no idea how much I needed this exact message today.

    Your light and your strength shine through your words EVERY day and that's a big part of why I love your blogs. I think you rock!!!

    ReplyDelete