Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Dreamers deal with numbers

For some reason...numbers played a very big part in yesterday.  I sat down with one of Kenna's primaries and she taught me much about what was going on with Kenna infection wise.  She explained the numbers...what the tests were showing, what they should look like.  And it gave me a lesson that I hadn't anticipated ever learning.  To think that I had very little interest in biology in high school.  Now...I get it.

And so I left feeling reasonably comfortable with Kenna's condition.

I had also been dealing with numbers as the phone rang and rang yesterday.  And it never rang while I was just hanging around the office.  Nope.  It waited until I was in the car.  So, I kept answering the phone and struggling to write down numbers as I drove.  When I told Sam the story later, he reacted a little differently than I anticipated.

Sam: You could have crashed.

me: I know!  And you would have lost that lead forever.

He shook his head.

Sam: Yeah, it's the lead I'd be upset about losing.

I smiled.  My husband loves me.

Sam: Don't do that again.

And I was beaming. 

We have a lot going on.  And this was the first night that we were going to relax for a few minutes for bed and watch one of our many shows.  It was when he relaxed that he started sharing with me.

Sam: I have so much on my mind.  There are a lot of things bothering me that I don't tell you about.

I lifted myself off his chest. 

me: Whoa.  Are we okay?  Is there something you want to talk about?

Sam: No, just work stuff.  We are 100% great...not even 99%.  100% great.

More numbers.  Good numbers.  Now we just need to work on Kenna's numbers.  Fight that infection, little bit.  You are tougher than that.  You show that infection who's boss.

I'm not worried.  Our girl is a fighter.

2 comments:

  1. She is a fighter! You are so strong too, Nicki and keeping it all together is no small feat. Sending you hugs and strength!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that the numbers for all of you are so good.

    ReplyDelete