Friday, March 2, 2012

Dreamers make progress

It has been an incredibly busy week.

Sam started his big job.  And I caught up on all the books.  We had a bazillion deliveries.  And we managed to assemble everything that involved assembly.

We have been rocketing right along.

And this is no time to slow down.  In fact, I'm speeding up.  I discovered a pedometer app.  It tells me all kinds of cool things...like I'm walking farther than I thought I was every day.  And how fast I'm moving.  And how many steps I take while moving.  And how many calories I've burned while moving.  Stuff like that. 

It makes me feel super serious about getting fit.  This app even has a history feature on it.  So if I try to skip a walk or even a series of walks, I'll know.  The app will be all in my face.  I can't have that.  It's just easier to walk.

So, it finished raining and I'm going to go walking.  It's cold and threatens to rain again, but I'm going to go walking.  I am very nearly thirty-ten, so I need to go walking.  I promised myself that I wanted to look better at thirty-ten than I had at thirty.  I'm a little behind.  I'm thinking the whole pregnancy may have had something to do with that.  And Kenna was really considerate to come so early and give her mama a chance to lose all that weight before...thirty-ten.

The fitness isn't the only area that I'm working on.  Nope.  I have big plans to get more writing done.  I used to write five pages a day.  And that was when I was working full-time.  So there really is no excuse for not writing when I'm working from home full-time. 

And if I don't build in these habits now, they aren't going to get any easier when I'm trying to do everything I do with an infant.  I'm thinking I have about two months.  Maybe a little more.  I'm hoping that if I just keep plugging along, it will go a lot faster.  It's been almost two months so far.  I can barely believe it. 

There has been progress.  There will be even more.  Shoot, look how far Kenna has come.  I'm hoping I will soon be able to report that she is 2lbs.  And I'm hoping that we'll soon be able to report that she no longer needs respiratory assistance of any kind.  She's getting closer every day as they gradually wean down her ventilator settings. 

In the meantime, we'll just love her through this.  It's the easiest thing I have to do.

2 comments:

  1. Loving her and YOU through this! Proud of you. Now enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you can get yourself on your intended schedule soon. Give my love to Kenna.

    ReplyDelete