Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Just a touch of NEC

That's what we're calling it.  There are full blown cases, but she doesn't have one of those.  There are surgical cases and she isn't one of those.  Kenna's NEC is medical.  And she is gradually improving.

I was worried about her, hated leaving her, but I have so much to do that I can't be here 24 hours a day.  That is why we have the primaries.  They are moms away from moms.  That's what one of her primaries and I decided.  And I have managed to luck out and get Kenna's primaries every day this week.

As for Kenna, she is hanging in there.  She really is.  As that same primary put it, if Kenna had to get NEC, she is doing it just right.  And she is weathering it beautifully.

Sure, she has never been more still, another one of her primaries noted, but she doesn't look bad.

And I suppose that comparatively speaking...she doesn't.  Still, I am her mother and I see the changes in her.  Her eye lids are red.  They have never been red before.  The only way she demonstrates her responsiveness at the moment is through her sats.  Those decline slightly when she is fussed with.  Other than that, she is very stable.  I'm encouraged.

The doctors have commented on my attitude.  Apparently they like it.

My philosophy is that bad things happen.  It's how you face them and deal with them that makes all the difference.

So, Kenna has a touch of NEC.  She's going to make it.  The more I say it, the more I believe it.  The more I see her improving, the more I believe it.  I'm so proud of my baby girl.  She's made of tough stock.  She's fighter.

 And we are so blessed.  We are blessed to have so many people who rally for her every time she has a dip.  And we are so blessed to have Kenna come out so hardy, so strong, so ready to weather all the challenges.

We're dancing in the rain.

2 comments: