Sunday, March 20, 2011

So much for lazy Sundays while pursuing dreams


We used to have wonderfully lazy Sundays. I'm sure we will once more, but for now...it's more nose to the grindstone Sundays. It's our last hours of productivity together Sundays. Its gotta get it done Sundays.

*sigh*

And that's okay. I can look at the big picture. It's more like a huge picture.

We have an entire house of furniture and stuff to unload. It's not easy. We're selling a bit here and a bit there. The spare vanity we had in the shed sold last Sunday. The patio set and umbrella sold on Wednesday. And we sold some odds and ends...not even a drop in the bucket...yesterday.

Still, the money gets put away as we prepare for the next leg of our adventure. Soon enough this plan is going to be put on steroids. In the mean time, I have to spend every waking minute working.

I have a web designer creating a site for my new career. We are meeting again tonight because I have changed up the design. Right now, as up in the air as my life is, working with me is a bit of a nightmare.

It took Sam telling me not to cut costs on this project to get me to accept the price tag a good website comes with. It's about three times what I wanted to spend. Dammit.

And I'm buddying up to Craig again. I'm all...Hey, Craig...can I stick my prime junk on your list? Will you find me a buyer with deep pockets who isn't going to try to beat me down too much on price? Pretty please!

So far, Craig needs to work a little harder at filtering out the riffraff. Seriously.

Still, I can't complain. The excitement of what we have going on still has not worn thin. Our patience with each other and the situation has held remarkably well. And we still both like and love each other. Yay!

This is only the tip of the iceberg. I have no doubt that life will get much harder before it gets easier. There's going to be a lot of give and take, a lot of negotiating, a ton of hard work.

We're play big or go home people. We'll do the work. We'll put in the time. The payoff is huge.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new blog! WOW - I need to catch up. If you can chat, call me this morning -C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Carrie! Glad to see you made it back form your trip.

    We'll talk in just a few minutes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some how I suspect your nose-to-the-grindstone Sundays are going to repay you with lazy, lounging in a hammock, 'rita in hand Sundays. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know that D and I need to do this too, but we are still stuck at inaction. You're my inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Meredith...Here's hoping. Somehow, I think it will all be worth it very soon!

    @Krys...I'm so glad that you think I'm inspirational. I doubt I deserve such high praise.

    ReplyDelete