Thursday, March 31, 2011

Beshert


That's my favorite Yiddish word. Of all the words I've learned while working with my Jewish colleagues...beshert is the one that stuck, made the biggest impact.

Its meaning? Meant to be.

That's what Sam and I are. We are meant to be. I could tell you all the long stories about how we came to meet. I could tell you about the signs that cemented it for us. But instead, I'll let you read the links. Heh heh heh.

There's more. With us, there's always more.

We've faced challenges. Tons. And now, we're facing the biggest one yet.

More than anything, I believe that when things are meant to be, they happen. I believe that anything is possible. I believe that everything happens for a reason.

I've had so many experiences in this life. I was talking about it last night with Sahaja. (I always feel really important when she calls me from Hungary. Love you, Sahaja!)

Sahaja believes that we epitomize the concept of making lemonade. We've been handed our fair share of lemons. That is certain. And we are consciously choosing to be happy. We are choosing to make the best of a bad situation. We are following our dreams.

It's right. I know it is. We found the perfect starter boat. I found the perfect web designer. We have each other.

Meant to be.

7 comments:

  1. So exciting. I feel important to be able to follow your journey. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, T! You are important no matter what. I'm honored to have your interest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A starter boat. I like that. She's a beauty who'll get your dreams sailing (pun intended!), and eventually you can trade up. No need for buyer's remorse on Mr. Man's part, right? ;)

    Are you normally up past 9-9:30pm? It would seem to me that my three kidlets are best suited to be abed before I plan to have any phone time. Skype? A bit questionable. Don't know if I can ignore my lovely breakout enough. Seriously skin, did you forget to send me a memo that 27 is the new 17? Oh, the joys of stress. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving following as well..and LOVE 'meant to be' - when you mentioned it on one of my posts once, it's stuck ever since. LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Meredith...call whenever, or drop a text. I'll answer if I can. If not, we'll talk soon.

    @Jolene...know what else I think is meant to be? You and M. Makes perfect sense.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I meant what I said Nicky. I really think that what you are doing is admirable and yes, hard. But shoot, if you aren't the one to handle contingencies, then who is? Loads of love and hugs (albeit virtual).

    P.s.
    And I feel special talking to you!! (And when I get mentioned in the blog...GLEEFUL)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sahaja, you are special! That's what friendship is about, making each other feel special and loved and understood. Always there for you, girl!

    Mwah!

    ReplyDelete