Thursday, February 2, 2012

Dreamers dress up

My cousin bought Kenna some really cute preemie clothes.  I discovered that while she wasn't able to wear them before, since she was on the oscillator, life on the ventilator is different.  So, I did the laundry.  And wrote her name inside them.  And I brought them to the hospital.  I can't wait to see her all dressed.  Or...half dressed.  She'll look like a whole new baby.

There will be loads of pictures because...clearly, I'm that kind of mom.

Sam: Are you loading more pictures on Facebook?

me: Ummmm...yes?

Sam: Do you do this every day?

me: No.  Not every day. Just days I get a decent picture of Kenna.

And he was looking at me with something akin to credulity and disgust.  He still hates that I put our lives out there.  He still struggles with the public eye between the blogs and Facebook.  My so very private man is getting used to our somewhat public lives.  And with Kenna, it has only gotten worse.

So, just like I plan to dress Kenna in her new clothes, I dress up our life.  I keep it interesting, which he likes, and exciting, which he could often do without.  Oh, but I like things pretty and interesting.  And these days we have no choice.

Life with a micro-preemie is never dull.  One minute Kenna is stable.  The next minute there are concerns about her liver functions, her lungs, her heart.  We know that there will be surgeries.  We just aren't sure when...or which ones.  And so we hang on as best we can. 

Kenna is tough.  She has defied so many odds already.  And all we can do is love her through this, keep her as comfortable as possible, and hope that is enough.

2 comments:

  1. OH my goodness. Your cousin did a great job, how adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the pictures of Kenna dressed up. Sending you all my love and prayers.

    ReplyDelete