Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Dreamers help others achieve their dreams

I'm just as relaxed as Kenna.
We have been truly busy lately.  There is a lot involved with having a baby in the hospital and trying to get the house ready for the baby's arrival.  And there aren't many ways that people can help.

I have had offers to cook meals, but Sam is a picky eater and we usually decide what to eat last minute.  And that is good enough for us.  And other than a maid, I don't want anyone else but us cleaning our house.  It doesn't matter if I'm a bit slack at the moment.  It doesn't matter if people disapprove.  It will be clean when Kenna gets home.  I've got it covered.

And really, all we want is to have as normal a life as possible interspersed with daily hospital visits.  That's what works for us.  We don't dwell on her being in the hospital.  We had our routine down and we like it.  That's it.

So, while we're waiting, we're building our business and we're trying to help others with theirs.  We haven't spoken to Spring and Jay in a while, but they have been back in our lives recently.  And I'd like to do what I can to help them with their business.  We spoke just the other day about the importance of using Angie's List.  And they are eager to give it a shot.

Angie's list has been very good to us.  We have had three jobs from that one single source so far this year.  And we're hoping this means that our year is going to be looking up.  That's what we need.

And I truly believe that the good we do comes back to us.  Jay and Spring could use the help, so we're trying to help them.  And with good reason.  They deserve it, too.  Spring and I have known each other since we were struggling through our divorces.  And we were just starting to date Sam and Jay.  They were roommates back then.  It was a golden time in my life.  As bad as it was, we had our built in family.  Our two families, kids included, living together and hanging out together on weekends.  I loved it.

Is it any wonder that I want them to achieve financial success in their yard business?  It shouldn't be.  I want good things for everyone.

So, I'll be working with Spring to get the Angie's List going.  And I'll be working with Jay to figure out some potential deals.  And I'll be encouraging them every way I know how.

I give Kenna plenty of encouragement, but I have more to offer.  Why I even tried to encourage Keenan last night.  He has a paper to work on.

Keenan: It's okay, mom.  They give us time to do it in class.

me: Wow.  They do everything to ensure your success, but write it for you, huh?

He just laughed.

So, I'll just stay on top of things.  I'll offer up all the love I have.  (It's a lot.)  And I'll keep doing what I've been doing.  It's working so far. 

1 comment: