Thursday, July 7, 2011

Dreamers don't deny it


Or at least...I don't.

Yeah, I'm a year older. And I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about it. My age has been such an area of contention through the years with Sam. He never expected to fall for an older woman, especially an older woman with two kids. Yet here we are.

So, I suppose people expected that I would start denying my age. I'm not. I don't need to.

The other day, Sam mentioned that he had spoken with another woman my age who was a friend's wife and she has a lot of lines around her face already.

Sam: See, babe. You're holding up really well.

Yeah. I know this. I've been telling him this for so long that it's about time for him to catch on.

And I've noticed lately how things have changed. He has stopped comparing me to others. He has stopped wondering if he should be with someone else due to factors that can't be changed. He is embracing our relationship in a way that has never happened before.

There's no denying that everything has changed in the best way possible. There is no denying that we are on the right path. There is no denying that we have a big future. There is no denying that it is time to dream bigger...together.

Our ten year plan has expanded to a thirty year plan. He has promised me thirty years. And I want all of them and more. There's no denying my feelings for him and my hopes that all of these plans come to fruition.

What are you dreaming these days?

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you are feeling loved for the beautiful person that YOU are, not in competition with anyone else. It's the way it should be.

    ReplyDelete