Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Dreamers hate down time


Okay. That's not entirely true.

Every once in a while, I really enjoy having a moment where I can simply breathe. I like being able to relax and to stop thinking and just be...truly live in the moment.

Ah, but then there's Sam. And Sam does not do down time well. He gets all fidgety. He wants to be making money. He starts looking around for something to do...anything to do.

So, it looks like the gate is getting stained...finally. It's a good day for it. There was rain yesterday. The great outdoors is cooler than it has been in forever. And it feels like there's even a bit of a break in the humidity.

That means I get to work. Sometimes, the work part is easy. I get the house to myself. Bishop and I work on the couch for a bit, then the lounge chair, and I'll even sit at the desk once in a while. Then, when I get cold from the air blowing on me, we move to the garage. I turn on the fan and I write from the comfort of the couch while getting to enjoy a change of scenery.

I like my life. I like that I can do this. And I really like that for the first time in a long time, I am really making money. I'm really at a point where I can contribute. I'm really at a place where I can feel good about where I am financially.

It's getting better. And as long as Sam keeps working and I get to keep writing, life will continue to be happy and balanced. And when he's home, I have to find projects to keep him busy. I have a running list. It shouldn't be too hard.

The important thing is that dreamers find a way to channel that energy for good instead of wallowing and making life bad. So, we're heading to the Canine Cafe today. It's Bishop's birthday tomorrow. We'll be celebrating a day early so that he can enjoy the extra time with Daddy. And tomorrow, Sam starts a job that will occupy him quite possibly through the weekend, followed by another job that will cover the following week.

Fingers crossed, there will be more work after that. We're doing everything we know to do. Oh, but we're open to suggestions. So, anyone want some exterior work done? Carolina Home Enhancements is open for business.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to Bishop! Also? This dreamer dreams of the day when income is so plentiful that down time -- filled out by lounging in a hammock in the shade with a nice refreshing beverage -- is a regularly scheduled occurrence. ;)

    ReplyDelete