Friday, July 29, 2011

Have wheels will travel is the song of the WAHM


I knew my time was going to be limited yesterday. It was one of my errand days. The tile guy wasn't coming back until today, so I knew I had to get the errands out of the way.

So, I left the house at one to drop Rachel off at 1:30pm. Oh, and she forgot her ID for work, so we had to turn around and go back home. She literally had to leap from the car to clock in on time.

I hate close calls. And that's why I was so worried about the possibility of running out gas. Still, Rachel needed to be to work on time, so I tempted fate and drove with the light on. I made it. Whoohoo!

From there, I managed to get lost in the wilds of South Carolina as I tried to find the office where I was supposed to be able to pick up a check for Sam. Only I arrived and got the runaround instead of a check. Sam was not happy when I texted.

From there, it was off to the library to drop off overdue library books. Yeah, I'm horrible with that. I used to be better, but I've been busy. Sue me. Actually, they bill me. And I'm thinking it's a good five bucks right about now. Dammit.

Then it was to the other side of Charlotte, the dark side. Yes, I have to pass a series of strip clubs to get to another one of the companies we do work for. I found the place just fine. And when I walked it, it was like a boy's club. There were guys lounging all over and hanging out. And would you believe they didn't remember me? Well, given the sundress I wore, that will never happen again.

I dropped off the check, but they didn't have a check for me. So, I headed to Lowe's and called Sam. He didn't take that well. After Lowe's, it was back to the company again...over the railroad tracks and back past the strip clubs to the remodeling company I went. This time...check. And more time out of my day that I would never get back.

In my zeal to get home and get some writing done, the fun stuff, not the boring stuff I make better money on...for now...I forgot to go to the bank. Yes, I actually pulled into the driveway, stopped the vehicle, grabbed my purse, saw the check sticking out of it, and started the car again. All while emitting a colorful display of my displeasure.

Four hours I was gone. Four hours. Half a normal work day spent in a car. Mostly. Glad I only do this once a week.

4 comments:

  1. I'm also glad for you that its only once a week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you imagine how much I'd complain if I had to do it more? It would get ugly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh - it sounds dire. Good job corralling all those errands into one day! And I hope the check receipt issues get worked out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too! We're getting it together. Just never fast enough for my liking...

    ReplyDelete