Thursday, July 28, 2011

And when we sleep, we dream


This has been one heck of an exhausting week. We have the bathroom remodel that will not end, still going. We have Rachel and Austin here. Sam has been working, and estimating, and working on estimates. And I have pretty much been holding down the fort.

It's been a week of late nights and early mornings. It's been a week of running errands and staying busy. It's been a week that I look forward to ending.

And I suppose that it's no wonder that when I get to sit down for too long, I start to get sleepy.

I've been working on SEO articles for Sam and Carolina Home Enhancements. I've been working on a novel that I need to finish. I edited 224 pages yesterday. That'll wear a person out. And I've been keeping up two blogs, two Twitters, three Facebooks, one Google+, and a partridge in a pear tree. Or it feels that way.

Rachel had me at the grocery store at 7am, since she needed to pick up a few things and it had to done before the tile guy arrived. I was still sleepy then, even though I had been up since 5:30am. Stupid mornings.

So Sam came home around lunch time. He had been to the siding job twice. And he had done a glass replacement once. We were on our respective pieces of furniture. That's pretty much all I remember. Luckily, Rachel recorded it for posterity. But I'm pretty sure I dreamed. Happy dreams.

What makes me think so?

I woke up relaxed...and happy.

5 comments:

  1. Naps are delicious. Sleep is delicious. Tonight, actually, I have plans to get to bed early. I've got to get back into a good sleep routine. Sleep is so very important for leading a good, functional life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bet you are dreaming of a nice soak in your new tub.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to survive on virtually no sleep. And now, I'm a big believer. So glad my new boss has a very lenient policy on nap times...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's just a funny picture! How cute!

    ReplyDelete