Sunday, July 24, 2011

Dreamers don't ever stop playing


It's really important to me that I be playful. I think that when you stop playing, you start aging. And so it was incredibly important to me that I could find someone who would indulge my playful nature.

I still like running around playing Hide and Seek. I'm not above being goaded into a game of tag. And most of all, I love doing things when I'm not stuck in front of a computer.

So, would it help to explain my romance with Sam if I told you how we play? Oh, because we do...all the time. When we first started dating, we used to play Hide and Seek all the time with the neighborhood kids. We always hid best. And only our giggling could give us away. And we'd run around and play with paintball guns. Yes, he's shot me before. It's still one of my favorite nights. We were playing!

Is it surprising at all that when we were shopping for our nephew's birthday party that we picked up some toys for us, too? Ummm...of course, we did. And then we spent the evening just waiting to get home to play with them.

We picked up some Nerf guns. It led to one of our epic battles. We were chasing each other around the house, shooting and reloading. We were diving behind furniture and ducking and pretty much having an amazing night.

I never want to get so old that I stop playing. I never want to get so mature that I can't stop and see what's important. Playing is important. Try it some time.

1 comment:

  1. Got to love Nerf guns! We each have our own Mavericks with plenty of ammo. We also have pool noodles on plastic piping for jousting of sorts and just plain combat...it makes for laughter a plenty when you realize you are hitting with a noodle.

    ReplyDelete