Thursday, June 23, 2011

Dreamers make the best cheerleaders


We do! And let me tell you why I think that is.

I think people who don't dream have very small lives. I think that instead of being happy for others and for their accomplishments, they tend to get bitter and ugly. They feel like life is passing them by. They see things others have that they want, but can't figure out how to attain. And those people turn into doubters. They are dream killers. They did, after all, kill their own dreams first.

Ah, but then there are we dreamers.

I live to cheer others on. Know why? It doesn't take anything away from me and my dreams. In fact, the more I see others being successful and happy, the more certain I become that the same can be true for me. I can be successful and happy.

Some would suggest that I already am successful. I know that I'm already happy.

The newness hasn't worn off yet. Not even close. The excitement about this fantastic life I'm having, still sparkly and shiny.

I read a post today on the Putrid Princess blog. She created a Bucket List. There's a lot of that going around. And she shared all the wonderful experiences that she still wanted to have, all the amazing places she wanted to visit.

Suddenly, I felt so spoiled. So much of what she wanted to do, I have already done and experienced. She wants to go to an aquarium. I've been to lots of aquariums, including the largest one in North America, second largest in the world. I love the Georgia Aquarium.

She wants to travel through Europe. I've already been to France and Italy. I've seen the best of it, as far as I'm concerned. There are places I still want to visit across the pond, like Ireland and Greece. Still, I can claim having spent time in Europe. 10 whole days.

She wants to see the Grand Canyon. I saw it from the sky when I went to California last summer. Thank you, Yahoo! It's incredible from up above. Some day, I'll see it from the ground.

All I know is that I've already had a really big, really great life. I have tons of plans for the coming year and for the future, but mostly...I don't have a Bucket List because I don't feel like there's anything I would really feel like I missed if I kicked the bucket immediately.

So, I cheer everyone else. I cheer on Krys with her big super secret plans. I cheer on Meredith as she works to carve out her place in the freelance world. I cheer for Jolene who has mastered working from home and finding true love. I cheer for Lisa as she starts over. I cheer for Becky as she struggles with infertility and fibromyalgia. I cheer for T, who is always so balanced and well-adjusted, the rock of our little family. I pretty much wish nothing but the best for everyone I come in contact with.

Have the best life you can. Live big. Dream big. And love with your whole heart.

6 comments:

  1. I could seriously use a cheer leader right now. Ugh! Another night without sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky, get some sleep! Let yourself rest. Then you can take on the world.

    Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I definitely need a dream cheerleader, and your comment on my latest post really helped. Some days, the dream killers come out in full force, and they make me feel like it's all just a silly idea -- therefore pulling me to the dream-killer-dark-side.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw - thanks for the link love. I can't help but follow your example and dream big for us too. Thanks for being my cheerleader!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Meredith...hold onto those dreams. They will feed your soul in the darkest hours. Trust me.

    @Krys...you never need a cheerleader, but I'm so honored to be your friend. Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have always been such a good cheerleader!! And I hope we all return the favor by paying it forward back atcha :)

    ReplyDelete