Thursday, June 30, 2011

Dreamers double date!


At least that's what I'm calling it.

We have been planning this excursion to Charleston since before the Memorial Day excursion to Charleston. We were planning on going with Sam's employee and his wife. I wasn't thrilled. Then they made plans to go to Myrtle Beach instead, which I think is a far better plan.

So, I invited Rachel and Austin to come. They liked the idea, but Austin had other commitments. He's a good son. And Rachel didn't want to come without him. I understand. She would have felt like a third wheel.

That meant it was going to be just the two of us. I like it when it's just the two of us sometimes. I love our alone time. And we need it. Alone in Charleston is different from alone at the house. It's more relaxing.

Then, I had a new idea. We've been talking about bringing Lonnie and Lindsay to the boat for so long...why not invite them to join us?

It was something of an executive decision. Nothing is set in stone until I talk to Sam, but it looks good. It looks doable. It looks like it could be fun.

We'll sail some. We'll kick back and relax. We'll swim. We'll grill out. It will be perfect.

We've never gone away with Lonnie and Lindsay before. They've stayed over at the house, but never the boat. And I'm not at all worried. They are so mellow and easy to be with that it will be just what we needed this holiday weekend.

Sending you all love from Charleston. Pray that I dock better this time. Have a safe and happy holiday weekend. Mwah!

No comments:

Post a Comment