Saturday, June 11, 2011

Dreamers set lofty goals


We have to. We constantly want to reach for the sky.

Here's our most recent lofty goal. Ready? We need to earn $40,000 in the next 15 weeks. By then, work will start to slow down for him. And we need to have money stacked back to live on for winter.

It sounds like a lot, doesn't it?

Well, we did the math. Apparently, it's doable. Really. It is.

Sometimes these goals just seem unattainable because we've been hemorrhaging money for so long. Even yesterday as we talked about our financial goals, we were talking about all the places the money has to go. It costs a lot to maintain a house and two vehicles and some pets and kids. It really does.

So we crunched some numbers and made a plan for how to make the money. The cool thing is that we didn't count my potential earnings at all. What I make will be purely a bonus. It's all about what Sam can earn at the moment.

Don't get me wrong. There's plenty of pressure on me. He's giving me my dream, so I have to make the most of it. I have to make good on it. I have to make it pay off. I plan to. I'm not the slack off and sit back while he works his butt off type. That's one reason why he keeps me around.

We talked about that last night, too. One area we have always excelled has been at working together. We are a great team. Always have been for as long as we've known each other. It just kind of happened. And I treasure that. He told me that counts way more than anything else because in the long run, life as a couple is about being able to work together, work through problems. He's right. And if you can find someone you love and want to share everything with, all the better.

The walls are coming down. The secrets are non-existent.

It's funny. I was married for 16 years before. Separating from him wasn't that difficult. We were barely together in any respect. With Sam, our lives are so closely intertwined that trying to separate was so painful. We know all the passwords to each other's life, and we have joint emails and shared business...and now banking.

It's what I always wanted and imagined life was supposed to be. My dreams are becoming a reality. That's why we keep dreaming new dreams and keep setting loftier goals and shooting for the stars. We can accomplish anything because we are willing to work for it. That's the secret.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to hear your in it together. Good luck you two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Krys! We're trying. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete