Sunday, June 26, 2011

It's like a dream come true



We have had so many projects in the works for so long. Sometimes it's easy to forget to move forward or maybe figure out how to move forward. We get bogged down with so many other details.

Like...

We have a company. And getting our own jobs has been a challenge. We have been so busy with sub-contracting jobs that it's easy to get content with that and forget that we have our own hopes and dreams and goals.

So we had a really important meeting on Sunday. We were called last week by a very important family in the community that represents the entire Jewish community. And they wanted to offer us an opportunity to advertise with them. Oh, and the beauty of it is that we would be the only home remodelers in the directory...for both North and South Carolina.

We definitely want to take advantage of that opportunity. We need to make sure that we have our own business coming in. We can't simply rely on other companies to supply us. And since we have income coming in from other areas, this is the best time to invest some of that money in advertising and self-promotion.

I feel really good about the direction we're taking. I feel really good about the changes that we're implementing. Business is good. And we are working our butts off to keep it that way.

Then, from there, we went to Jared's Jewelers. Want to know why?

We're getting married. Eventually. And we needed to buy wedding bands. So we did. Yup. We ordered wedding bands.

Can you believe it?

And the best part was that it was his idea, not mine.

Sam: I think we should go pick out wedding bands.

me: Okay.

Sam's going to be wearing a lovely tungsten carbide ring. It has a comfort fit band. And the design is tribal and perfect. It's precisely the ring I wanted for him. So we ordered it.

And then he picked one for me. It's white gold. And it's etched with a fantastic criss-cross design. We have a protection plan on it so that the salt water from our boat life doesn't ruin it.

We climbed into the car and I thought I was being remarkably calm and cool about the entire experience.

Sam: I know you want to about dance out of your skin right now.

me: Nah. I'm good.

But I had to turn my head and pretend to stare at something out the window so that he couldn't see me beaming. Thank goodness he was wearing sunglasses, the glow would have been blinding.

Thirty-two days. That's how long I have to wait for them to be ready. That's all.

And I have to admit...dream come true. I don't know when we'll make it to Key West to seal the deal, but it doesn't matter. We're on the way.

3 comments: