Monday, June 13, 2011

Dreamers stay on track


I'm still working on this one. I seem to get derailed so frequently. And it is my fault. Despite popular belief...I'm too nice.

I'm not as good at saying no as I'd like to be. I get caught up helping others when I should be helping myself.

Only, I think the reason I keep going that route is because I've never really failed. I've discovered that I work really well under pressure, even when that pressure starts to feel like a vice. And I manage to accomplish all these tasks despite being behind.

Last night I was sooooo far behind. I have a project due tonight. And all weekend, I kept getting caught up in other activities around the house. I began to wonder if I could really get done.

Now, however, I'm sitting pretty. No worries over my deadline. I'm good. I have one little article left to write that I can probably finish before work. I should even be able to deliver them before work.

Ah, the load is off my shoulders. So maybe the lesson here isn't that I need to stay on track. Maybe the lesson is that I need to know my limitations. And as long as I somehow manage to dig deep and focus long enough to accomplish what I need to, I'll be okay.

I've stopped beating myself up as much as I used to. I credit the Prozac. I just don't feel overwhelmed like I used to. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment