Friday, June 24, 2011

Knowing when to say when


I'm there. I can't fight it anymore. I have to do something about this.

Oh, and what am I saying when to?

Food.

I'm not getting any smaller. I can make any number of excuses, but the reality is that I'm still not eating well enough and I'm clearly not exercising...right? The walking, while I love it, is obviously not going to cut it.

I've gotta get serious.

We're going to be on the boat over the weekend. And I know me. The wife is younger than I am. I can handle that. I'm aging really well. Ah, but she's also popped out four kids. And if she's thinner than I am, I'll be unhappy all weekend. I will be completely inconsolable.

I hate putting myself through this. So, I'm going to get serious this week about losing weigh. One week. No excuses. No short cuts. No cheats.

I'm out of time. I have so much I want to accomplish. And while I have done a superb job of getting Sam and the business together this past week and a half, I have done a lousy job of getting me together.

Sure, I'm Tweeting more. I'm interacting more on Facebook. I have managed to keep up with my posting schedule. I have started a few more projects.

I just feel like I'm one of those 'Jack of all trades, master of none' people at the moment. And I can't afford to waste a minute of time. I have to have money coming in by this fall. I have to have my body back.

Maybe that isn't the right way to think of it. I have my body. I guess maybe I just want my body under control, my control, not the magical spell of momentary foodgasms followed by a lifetime of remorse.

Yes. I have some work to do. And I have the time to do it. I just have to follow through. That's what a dreamer would do...

6 comments:

  1. Last week I was supposed to hit my goal weight. Not only did it not work out that way at all, but I'm above the weight I'd been at when I set that goal. Pretty gosh darn lame. I think we both expressed weight loss aspirations around that same time. We will beat this weight. We are strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's hard to take on something so difficult - especially for a foodie - while you are working diligently on so much else. Do your best with it, but please don't be too hard on yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Meredith...be my diet buddy? I need someone to suffer with.

    @Krys...I'm a foodie. Admitting it is the first step towards a cure. Of course...I've never kept it much of a secret. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too need to lose weight. About 60 pounds would be good. But for me its more than weight, its about getting healthy and loving the me I can be at any weight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Rebecca...part of the problem for me is that I don't see me the way I am most of the time. Then I get the shock of my life.

    *sigh*

    I still love me. Be sure to love you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It IS hard when you are a foodie and I can attest to that because I thought it would be the hardest thing in the world to limit myself more and think more about what I am eating, BUT, once you start and really think about food as fuel not food as joy (at least not as much!), then it gets easier. I promise. You can totally do this!!! <cheerleading :)

    ReplyDelete