Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Dreamers find a focus


I can only handle so much change at any given time. I'm weak like that. I can only take on so much before I break. And that's where I've been.

Sam noticed. I was surprised at how observant he was, but he definitely noticed. Shoot. It couldn't be missed. For the past few weeks, I've struggled to even maintain the blogs, forget about getting ahead with any more writing.

Sam: Babe? You aren't on the front page any more?

For months I have had at least one article, sometimes multiple articles listed in the top ten on YourWisdom. Ever since I started writing for them eight months ago. Only now, I'm not.

Sam: What's going on?

me: You know what's going on. I haven't been able to write.

Sam: Things are better. You need to get back in the writing mindset.

And he was right. So now I write.

I have to. My projects are stacking up. My commitments are coming due. And I'm so ready to get back to working towards my dreams, to achieving my goals, to building for the future.

I wish I were better at it. All I know is that sometimes, dreamers need to shake it off and find a focus. Yeah, do as I say, not as I do. Or...not as I did. Because I'm doing it now. Now...it's on. I'm writing. It gets easier and better every day.

1 comment: