Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Dreamers stay organized


Yup, that's what we try to do. If you are going to have a big life and big plans, you have to stay on top of things. And about the only way I know to do that is through mad organizational skills.

I'd like to introduce myself, I am the office goddess.

When I first started working with Sam, we discussed what my title should be. He loves thinking of me as his PA, personal assistant. We pondered calling me his PIT, partner in training. He already considers me his PFL, partner for life. Then there were some names that were never going to happen. Go ahead and use your imagination.

After working magic with numbers for days, I have decided that no title is more fitting than...office goddess. I have even convinced him he should bow in my presence. And he does. It makes me giggle. There are worse ways to live.

Now, aside from being able to work magic with numbers and master the invoicing, finding money with same tenacity and enthusiasm as a drug dog, I am uber organized. Yes, just one of my many specialties.

Sure, some might question my organization strategies, but what we have going on works. I am the keeper of the calendar. I can tell you, at a glance, who is working where, for what company, on what job, and how much we're invoicing for. That's organized.

I can even access these invoices in milliseconds and tell you what we've been paid on, what money we're waiting on, and if there are any invoices that are only partially paid. I love Quickbooks. It helps me stay organized.

We set out with a goal. We need to make $40,000 by winter. In addition to that, we need to make sure we get the bathroom remodeled for the kids. And there's a few plans for vacation time.

Life is looking so much more special, so much shinier and newer. And I think being organized, having a plan, and working towards those goals is going to make a big difference. Right now, we're on track. We've got this. I can't wait to see what happens next.

4 comments:

  1. I have a friend that started a great scheduling calendar called PlumLife. Check it out! http://www.plumlife.com/

    I think you'd love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. T, I'm definitely going to do that. Organization is the key to our success right now. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you definitely need a tiara to go with the title!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I asked about the tiara and Sam said that if I want a tiara to go with the self-given title, then I can get it. I was a little disappointed that he didn't want to help me pick it out, but we'll work on it.

    I'm thinking I might be more the magic wand type...

    ReplyDelete