Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Dreamers do what they gotta do


Numbers are not my friend. They never have been.

Still, I find myself in a position where I am now in charge of all the invoicing for Sam and the business. I don't mind...mostly.

I like making his life simpler. I like helping out with our project. I love the Quickbooks program we are using.

So what's the problem?

One out of three companies is virtually impossible to invoice. Yeah. No exaggeration.

After spending hours finding money for him the other week, we're still waiting to find out if it's going to get paid. And after invoicing over the weekend, I discovered that they paid him twice for one job. Only after I went through what they owe him from past mistakes, we would really only have to credit them about half of that amount.

Not bad.

Oh, but trying to get it done takes an act of congress. I drove all the way to their office yesterday thinking that I would just meet with the woman in charge of their invoicing. She didn't have time to work with me, so I have to send it all in an email with attachments. And we're talking LOADS of attachments. This is why I wanted to meet in person. I brought the files. I brought the laptop. I went home disappointed.

Once we get this taken care of, I'd love to think that it will all be organized. Only with them...I doubt it. They are going to be my problem child. My weekly migraine. And I'm dreading the constant fights on so many levels.

Ah, but dreamers know that if they want the life they have planned, they have to suck it up and do what is needed to get there. So, I'll bite my tongue. And I'll stay super organized. And I'll waste tons of paper to back my claims up.

It'll be worth it. We'll have nice breaks this winter. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment