Thursday, April 7, 2011

Again with the doubts...


Sam is going to be the death me.


I left the house Wednesday night to meet with my computer guru. He's awesome. Don't believe me? Read my happiness post devoted to him. Better still...just wait and see when I launch the business website.


Okay, so I left the house and Sam stayed home because he was spent after working in the blazing sun all day. I get that. Still, it made me a bit cranky. So we snapped at each other as I walked out the door. Then we talked on the phone while I drove.


Sam: Over being angry already?


me: Nope. I still wanted to talk to you though.


I can't stand when we fight. And that wasn't even a fight. It was just tension running high and venting taking place. By the time I reached Starbucks we were good.


Then, when I called on the way home, he started talking about how he had been looking at boats. And all I could think was...here we go again.


He was upset that I didn't have more to say on the subject. My feeling? Looking is pointless. These boats cost more money than we have or we'd have bought one of them. Sam is convinced we can work a deal. Oh, but in order for that to happen, we need to go see them this weekend...in Myrtle Beach.


To appease him, I contacted one. They haven't responded. The other...we haven't even emailed.


And I think of all the pros and cons. That's what I do. I weigh things. It's a close call. If we get a more expensive boat loaded with everything he wants, maybe he'll feel more comfortable following through with our plan. Right now, he's making me crazy. I'm set. I know what I want. I'm just hoping I get it.


I've built an entire life and business around what we said we wanted. I'm not altering it now. Something is going to have to give. This time, it's him.

7 comments:

  1. Stand firm...this is what you want, and I am sure this is what he wants, but maybe fear is driving his hesitation since it's a huge leap. Of course, anyone would have a little fear, right? I hope things progress in the right direction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boys can be so difficult, can't they? Something must be in the air because mine's been particularly difficult as well. They'll eventually have to see things our way, won't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's so frustrating. We really are boat shopping again. We have a week to figure it out, then we lose the deposit on this one.

    Fingers crossed that it all turns out okay, please...

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's scared to death, huh?

    It will turn out exactly perfect! I just know it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. T, I hope you're right. Whatever is will be what's meant to be, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. My advice would be to try to keep him focused on the baby steps. There will always be time for a bigger better boat as you both grow in your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Krys, fingers crossed, we may have a plan. I'll tell you all about it, Skype Buddy!

    ReplyDelete