Monday, April 11, 2011

Every year


Somehow spring sneaks up on me every year. EVERY YEAR! This year, it's all in my face now. And here I am with once again needing to get back in shape. I was off to a strong start with the Zumba. I hope to be working on it again in the next few days. And I'll get my neighbor to once more be my workout buddy.

I've been ridiculously distracted by getting the business going. It's really time consuming. Aside from setting up all the necessary account and necessary emails, I've had to load content all those places. More time. And while I try to be really smart about it, and make the best use of my time...I only have so much time.

And spring is here and I'm not getting any thinner. Okay, I wasn't getting any thinner, until Friday. Friday I did the little move that I call scaring myself straight. Yeah, I stepped ever so gingerly onto the scale. I have learned that when working with a scale, it is best not to sneak up on them. They treat you better, too, if you speak in a soft voice, dust them off before stepping on, and make empty promises.

That's why Friday morning, I walked over to the scale and bent to dust it off.

me: Okay, I'm getting on. I'll go slow. Be nice. Be nice and I'll finally get serious about that diet. Promise.

And so I stepped and it bucked a little, the digital readout was all over the board, but finally it settled down and the results were...better than I hoped, less than expected. The reason I expected more was because Sam had made some comments lately. He's great with the comments. I don't think men realize the power they have over us, how the wrong word or phrase can send us to the bad place.

Then came Sunday. I decided that I wasn't going to wait for that Monday non-sense to start a diet. So, I went grocery shopping. I was serious. The only carbs in my cart were for Sam: ice cream and chips. I'm a good fiancee. Instead, the cart was filled with fruits and vegetables and loads of protein. I bought some nuke-a-meals for lunches. And I'm back on the wagon.

Yup. It's five small meals a day for me again. It's the only diet that has ever worked. Well, the best was doing that in conjunction with the doctor's diet. He gave me phentermine and hcg shots. Good doctor. Only, I don't know if I want to spend money on that right now. I want to see if years of practice mean I'm ready to go pro on the diet circuit. I want to do it all by myself. I'm so big...mostly between my navel and my knees.

So, wish me luck. I'll need it. And give me a gentle nudge here and there when you see me making excuses about the exercise thing. I'll try to be better. And I'll even be accountable. On Mondays, I'll tell you how much I lost over the week. My goal is 35 pounds. Let's see how long it takes me.

5 comments:

  1. Good luck! As a fellow current weight battler, I wish you much luck in your endeavors to slay the weight loss beast! ;) And yes, sometimes men haven't a clue that the "big butt" they comment on is perceived as a negative. Sir Mix-a-lot can suck it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! you got this!! So glad the number wasn't too scary. I HATE scales for that reason -number fixation. I have no idea what I weigh, and I'm cool with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HCG? Really that helps with weight loss?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Meredith...I told him to suck it last night. He laughed. It's good we can have that kind of relationship. I think... ;)

    @Jolene...If I looked like you in a bathing suit, I wouldn't worry about numbers, either. I'll get there. Soon.

    @Becky...Yes. It helps with belly fat. Weekly injections. They are $10 each here. And that's why I'm not going back to the doctor right now. It would cost me about $150/month between the meds, the shots, the visit, and any shakes or protein support I purchased. *sigh* It's cheaper to stay fat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too! I've had to ramp up my eating to 6 small meals/day since I'm in training for a triathlon. I can't ever get enough food in me! (And yes, it's awesome for the metabolism too!)

    You got this!

    ReplyDelete