Thursday, April 28, 2011

Getting into a routine


It hasn't been easy lately, trying to maintain some kind of normal. It hasn't been easy trying to function day to day. As you may imagine, there's been one thing and pretty much only one thing on my mind.

Constantly I wonder what to do about Sam.

I was supposed to move out over the weekend, but that fell through. And Sam, of course, had offered to let me stay. He thought it was ridiculous to move twice. Plus, the cats were going to be here anyway.

So, I stayed.

Don't confuse that with getting comfortable again. I didn't unpack.

We've had a lot of talks, talks that I'm still mulling. And I am not ready to share any of that yet. Soon. Or soon enough. I know I will.

In the meantime, I've gone back to walking in the morning. I've always liked doing it, but I have been so overwhelmed with computer work that I haven't been able to manage much else. I would wake up, work on the computer, get ready for work where I would spend all day entertaining people and working on a computer, and then come home to cook, clean and...you guessed it...work on the computer.

Needless to say, I haven't been able to accomplish much other than...working on the computer.

These past few days, I've been working on getting life back into perspective. I've been working on thinking more and figuring out what's important, what matters. And while I don't have all of that completely together yet, I do know that the walking helps.

It clears my head first thing in the morning. It gives me some much needed endorphins to help stabilize me. And even though my body hurts, I know it's a good hurt. So, I carry on.

That's pretty much the story of my life. I carry on. I keep plugging along. Like most people, I try to do the best I can with what I've got. And I trust that somehow, everything will come together.

1 comment:

  1. Exercise helps. Period. Take care of YOU during this time... especially physically and mentally.

    Love.

    ReplyDelete