Friday, April 8, 2011

Hear ye! Hear ye!


*tooting horns*

By Sam's decree, we will be buying the boat we agreed to buy. *whew*

I talked to a friend last night...

me: It doesn't work to fight with him.

Carrie: Well, what can you do?

me: Normally, I just let him come the right conclusion on his own. He always does. It just takes time.

Our plan isn't as on course as I'd like. We're probably going to be here longer than I'd like, but his reasoning is relatively sound. He wants us to save more money. And he hopes that we will have the money to buy a better boat before we sail off too far.

Fingers crossed, we'll have that better boat.

Personally, I think that will be harder to save the money we need given the high overhead of living in the house. At the same time, we're not ready to sail off. We don't even know how to sail yet. Our passports haven't arrived yet.

And then there's the body...my body. It's not sailing ready either.

I'm hoping that once I'm out of work, I'll have the time to work out more. I'll have time to eat right. It's worked before.

So, we're working on learning to sail. And I'm still building the company. And with some luck, and time, and patience, we'll be setting sail before winter.

I'm not so sad as I thought I'd be, I know that he's my anchor. I'm his compass. Together, we have stability and foresight. We'll be just fine.

4 comments:

  1. How is Zumba treating you? Are you at least feeling good after the workouts? My workout plan might not be giving me the desired results, but the walks, the belly dancing, and the yoga make me feel good afterwards. Okay, the belly dancing makes me feel good during, too -- but it's so much fun that I sometimes wonder if it should count as exercise. ;)

    So Plan Sea isn't going to be the boat, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These things always work out better when they think a conclusion is their idea, no? {Insert evil giggle here.}

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Meredith...Oh, it will be the boat. It's just going to take a little more time than I had hoped. I just keep reminding myself that whatever happens was meant to be.

    Stupid patience.

    @Krys...Mwah ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for the boat!!! Glad to hear it's full steam ahead (corny pun I know)

    ReplyDelete