Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I think I made him blush

Always the planner, I was speaking to a friend who works in the electronics department at Sears.

me: I need a new camera.

friend: Any idea what you want?

Clearly, we are not that close. I always know what I want. I just don't always know if I can get it. I love love love to dream though!

Worse, I had contacted the people at Canon weeks ago. Apparently they aren't going to give me a camera to review or treat it as a sponsorship for the trip or anything. *sigh* Too bad I have my heart set on that particular model. I had no choice but to try to buy it now.

me: Yes. I found it online. It was a Canon. It's good underwater for 30 feet. I think it's a...

Now here's where I mess up. Numbers...not my friends. Words and pretty pictures...friends!

me: It's pearly baby blue.

He laughed.

Then he explained that it was definitely an online item.

friend: The closest we have here is a Fuji and it only goes 10 feet.

me: No good.

friend: So you're getting serious, huh? You plan to go deep?

me: Well, you know...go deep or go home!

I thought about that for a second. His eyes were huge. And that's when I giggled. It sounded kinda naughty. Naughty, naughty words.

3 comments:

  1. LOL! That's what she said! Haha! I love it. Great story ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naughty is good. ;)

    Good luck getting your camera! I can't wait to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an accidentally naughty story to share. Before I was married, my initials were KBJ. Since we signed off our work with intials, people were constantly referring to me as KJB... I think because it sounds like KGB. So to clarify, I once said... "no its K.B.J. You know, like BJ, with a K." Then I realized what I said and turned bright red. :-)

    ReplyDelete