Monday, April 11, 2011

Bitch slapped by the universe


That's what I was.

Everything was set. We were going to finish paying off the boat this weekend. We were going to register the boat. I was going to give notice. Everything was set.

Then the universe intervened.

My IRS check, the one that is making everything possible...the boat, the business, leaving the job with a small amount of security to back my enthusiasm...MIA.

And that doesn't mean that it's in Miami. It means that they don't really know where it is. See, I called to see where it was since it was supposed to be here a week ago. Instead of having an answer...more questions. Seems the check was sent to Maryland, which is strange since I've never lived in Maryland. I'm not even sure I've ever passed through Maryland. Hell, I doubt I could pick Maryland off a map.

They won't reissue the check. Not until I haven't received it by May 2nd. Yup. And then they will track it and trace it and take anywhere from four to ten weeks to investigate it before they reissue it. Those bastards.

It seems it comes down to one of two options. Either my check was hijacked or some idiot keyed in my information incorrectly. Only, suspiciously enough, it was only my address that was wrong.

So, I did what anyone in my position would do. I asked for a supervisor. Oh, but there aren't any. They are just running a muck at the IRS with no supervisors. Really. I should have asked for...the Secretary of the Treasury maybe? And how can such an egregious error take place, but no one is responsible. How can I get screwed so frequently? I swear my luck is just a bit worse than...most.

Still, I try so hard to be optimistic. So, I tell myself that this is the way it's meant to be. I tell myself that must be this boat wasn't meant to be. Must be there is a better boat in store for us.

That's how I carry on.

6 comments:

  1. Are you kidding me? They wouldn't direct deposit it to your bank account? Well, that's the IRS for you. Or any government agency for that matter. Some days I wonder why we pay taxes for this.

    I hope that money shows up soon, and hope this means there's a bigger, roomy, lovelier boat in store for you. ::big hugs::

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH! Damn the IRS!! Keep up the optimism my friend! Meant to be, meant to be, meant to be...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that the website for the company is up and running, I am slightly more optimistic. One big day of sales and we're back in the boat. Fingers crossed, the seller is being very patient with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep on keepin' on! Chin up! Trust. Have faith.

    It's all you can do. Or else bitch slap back!

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow and I thought I was having a rough time of it. Nik, keep hope that you'll find a better boat. IRS loves to mess with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @T...I'm trying!

    @Becky...Some days are just a little more challenging than others.

    ReplyDelete