Sunday, April 24, 2011

Plan Sea...still


I'm not giving up. I've listened to your comments. I've listened to my heart. Plan Sea is still a go.

So, I'm making arrangements with the owner. I need to secure the boat. Nothing has changed as far as I'm concerned. I'm going ahead.

There will be more sailing lessons. I'm really excited about them. The next one was supposed to be a trip to Georgia. I'm really looking forward to it. Why wouldn't I?

I need adventure. I need new experiences. And I can still do that, with or without Sam.

It's funny, but just like I learned with my ex, I'm the one making things happen. I'm the one that has propelled our life in the direction I want to go. I don't need someone else to hold me back or affirm by decisions. I can do this.

And so Plan Sea will proceed. I've spoken to Matt, the dock master, and he assures me that I can spend long weekends on the boat without any problems. And I have been applying for Charleston jobs. And I know that with summer fast upon us, it is imperative that I get moving on learning to sail. I'll be able to sail over to the kids in Myrtle and spend the weekends with them. I can't wait.

Life is going on, just as it should. I'm getting on with my life, just as I should. I don't need a new dream. I just needed to rework my existing dream. And I have. Dream on.

5 comments:

  1. Proud of you. Keep dreaming, but also keep doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dream until your dreams come true!

    Very proud of you! Go Nicki GO! We'll cheer you on from here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES!!!! Bring on Plan Sea!! I think it's awesome that you are moving forward. Dream on, my friend, dream on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurray! I'm glad you're going through with Plan Sea because you're right -- you really were doing most of the grunt work on this plan.

    Reworking an existing dream... maybe I need to tattoo that to my forehead or something so I don't forget it. ;) But seriously, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! So glad to hear that you have worked out a plan.

    ReplyDelete