Wednesday, April 20, 2011

It's coming together


Our passports arrived. We've started sailing lessons. The boat looks like it is actually going to work out. Amazing how a weekend can change so many things.

And because I was feeling so good about it, I contacted the marina. Cooper River Marina is actually perfect for us. We have showers and wi-fi, a mini store, power, and they will sign for packages...which is really great coming from someone who gets A LOT of packages.

So, I contacted the dock master yesterday to find out about the packages. That's when he said that there's a five year waiting list on liveaboard spaces.

I am confused. The boat is already in a liveaboard space. And I pretty much figured that the space conveyed. Now I don't know.

More waiting. I asked him to call me back. Prior discussions were via email. We'll see.

Yet another snafoo. I've come to expect them. Trying to roll with the punches.

On the bright side, we're selling more stuff from the house. We'll be using it to pay for the boat until my money arrives.

2 comments:

  1. UGH! 5 year waiting list?! I guess I am not surprised at that, but one more speed bump I know you'll surpass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! And I'm with Jolene... it'll work out. I have no doubts.

    ReplyDelete