Sunday, April 3, 2011

So many reactions...


We've had so much feedback on our plans. Okay, I've had so much feedback. I'm the one who's really telling people.

I've been sharing most with those I respect most, those that understand me best. And I suppose I've kinda rigged the outcome, since I've been so selective. Still, the response has been positive.

Most people find inspiration in what we've decided to do. Part of it is that we're making the best of a crummy situation. Part of it is that we have dug deep and found the courage to truly follow our dreams. Not everyone does that. And those that stray from the norm, that shed their sheeple skin, are seen as inspirational.

That's what Holly sees. I've known Holly almost as long as I've been in North Carolina. She babysat my kids. We kept in touch when she went off to college. And now that she's graduated, we still keep in contact. Not as much. The girl has a life. And I'm not supposed to be the center of it.

Our life has been on fast forward lately, and I was concerned that I might actually not get to see her before we made the move. So, I just left her the most shocking message on her voicemail that I could. I had to spur her to action. Most of the times, my messages went unanswered.

This time, however, she called me right away.

And when she called, she was crying. She was crying for a loss she anticipated. And she was crying because she was happy for me, for us. And she was crying because she loved that we were following our dreams. That word popped up again: inspiration.

Of all the reasons for us to make this drastic change...it isn't about trying to be inspirational. It's all about needing a change.

Change is good. Big changes, scary changes, uncomfortable changes are even better. On this one, we're going for the gold. It's all that and more. Play big, win big. And for some reason, with Sam by my side, taking huge chances and making enormous changes just aren't as scary.

I guess I believe him. He always tells me he's got me. And he does. I can't fall. We can't fail. And soon enough...our secret will be out of the bag. We'll be ready to tell the world.

4 comments:

  1. Change IS scary, but it also is almost always worth the risk. And of course, you are an inspiration, absolutely, for taking the leap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jolene. It's easy to take the leap when I believe the net will appear. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya know what? ANYONE who follows their heart and honors themselves are inspirational. Because we all should be doing that.

    Still very thrilled for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, T. This feels right. And we're really excited.

    ReplyDelete