Friday, May 20, 2011

Dreamers deliver


At least...this dreamer does.

I have so many things going on right now. I have a deadline this afternoon even. And I'm not going to lie to you. It's going to be close. My challenge getting the work done was exacerbated by the fact that I normally use S's computer because it has the program I need...and I haven't had it to use.

I have to meet the kids tonight to watch Rachel's play. I'm really looking forward to it. I can't wait to spend time with the kids this weekend. I promised Rachel a road trip for her birthday and we're going to her favorite place: Atlanta. Gawd help us. We had stories from that place...which does make me a little leery about the trip. Somehow I think we'll manage.

And I'm supposed to be really focused and productive at work. We're thisclose to making goal. And quite honestly, I need the money. Instead, I can't do as much as I'd like. I have to entertain patients far too much. We always seem to be running behind or they show up early. So, while they tend to be generous with me, bringing me chocolates, and books, and most recently...pies...I need to get more work done than I do.

The biggest problem right now is that I want some time off. I have it to take. I just want to have some times to work on me. I want some time to do nothing but write without feeling guilty. Is that so much to ask?

At the moment, it is. I have to do everything I promised everyone else. There will be time for me eventually. I'll take it. I'll make things work. For now, I follow through and make everyone happy.

There will be time enough for me...soon.

2 comments:

  1. You can do this. FOCUS short term to get the stuff done you need to, and then take a few days off. Short term pain, long term gain, right? :) XO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm bummed that money has all but made the possibility of meeting up this weekend a no-go. But you say first of many, therefore I look to future opportunities with hope for a happier bank account. Hope you guys have a blast this weekend!

    ReplyDelete