Friday, May 13, 2011

Dreamers get it done


That’s right. The best kinds of dreamers are those who don’t simply sit around thinking and imagining, but will put in the time and effort to see their projects to fruition. And that’s the kind of dreamer I am.

This dreamer is getting published. Okay, it’s only self-publishing…for now. Still…published is published.

Next week will be a week of shameless self-promotion. I’ve already worked on creating an author page on Amazon. That’s right. There are bios on FrankMcCourt, Amanda Hocking…and little old me. (Well, not really old…just an expression.)

Ah, but let’s face it. Right now, Amanda Hocking is currently my hero. Tired of the traditional publishing methods, she did what dreamers do: she got it done. She self-published and is now getting a huge payoff for all of her efforts. She’s already a millionaire.

I don’t care about being a millionaire, but I would love to make this my career. I would love to be able to do this full-time. I have a plan. I’m working it. And I’m just dying for the big payoff from all my efforts. It will come.

In the meantime…I’m working my little fingers into nubbins. (I have tiny fingers to match my Cinderella feet.) It’s pretty much just everything in the middle that needs some serious shrinking.

*sigh*

One day.

In my mind, I dream that with my writing career will come more time to exercise and eat write. That’s my dream. In time. Oh, but my mental deadline says end of summer. We’ll see. With some luck and a whole lot of perseverance, I’ll get there.

In the meantime, we outfit Plan Sea . We practice sailing on the weekends. We find more fodder for my novels. (I find it EVERYWHERE!) And next week, I’ll have stories for you, back stories to some of my novels. Yes, my life is stranger than fiction. Some of it, I just can’t make up. And I actually like it that way.

If there’s anything dreamers do, it’s live a big life. And I’ll take mine unconventional, thank you. With a margarita.

2 comments:

  1. LIVE A BIG LIFE! I LOVE that. so proud of you for going for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds WONDERFUL! Very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete