Monday, May 2, 2011

Sunday snuggle talks


We had to lay low Sunday evening. The sun wasn't even down when we were in for the night. We had to. It was the gash in Sam's leg that kept us from having the bonfire we had intended. It was the gash that kept us from standing around over at Ed's and visiting with the neighbors. It was the gash that meant I was cooking. Stupid gash.

At the same time...it was the gash that had us lounging around on the couch having some truly lovely talks. Who doesn't need lovely talks?

So, we discussed our future. I wanted to know if our visions were similar. I wanted to know if we still meshed, still wanted the same things. We do.

As much as our views of where our lives were going to go has changed over the last few months, there are still some aspects of the dream that have remained the same. We want to share this life together. We want to sail as much as possible. We want to remodel the house.

It used to be that everything was his idea for his house. Only over the past year, it has become our house. Everything from his mouth is 'our' and 'we.' I need that. I need to know that we are in this together. I need to know that my opinion matters.

He assured me that it does. I get to make the new kitchen design. It's going to be a major overhaul once the money is good. The bathroom comes first. Soon after, the kitchen. Normally, I would express how much I just can't wait...oh, but I can.

Finally, it seems, I am learning patience. I am learning that good things come to those who wait...things like swings. And there's so much more. Oh, but you know how I love surprises. There are tons in store for you. Just wait...


3 comments:

  1. Surprises? I love surprises too. I hope you get all you've talked about and then some. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snuggling is my favorite way to reconnect. Secrets and surprises? Do tell!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patience, blog buddies! All will be revealed in time...

    ReplyDelete