Sunday, May 8, 2011

Personal goals


There have been signs lately that I am on the right path, but I still have so far to go. When I first started writing Suddenly Single Journey, I did it with one goal in mind: getting published. I was told by my literary agent that I needed to build a readership so that they could get me published.

Right.

So I built my readership. It's easily 10 times more than I was told I'd have to have in order to get published. Only...I'm still not published. And then last year, I wrote my first e-book and went the self-publish route. It didn't sell well. And I have to admit that I attribute much of that to the lack of marketing. I didn't do much with it.

Only now, a big part of what I do is marketing and promotion. I like that. I think about how the possibilities are endless. I think that now may be just the right time for me to pursue self-publishing once more. With the time I've wasted trying to get published, I could be done already and simply promoting my work.

There are so many more mainstreamed options than there were in the past. Self-publishers are even getting the attention of publishing houses now. It's possible to be a millionaire from self-publishing. I just have to get the backbone to put it out there. And I have to find the time to make it happen.

About that time thing...I've been looking for other jobs. I need a job that will allow me more time to pursue my true passions. I need a job that will further my passions. And I have a job interview...today...after work.

If I get this position, it is a step in the right direction to making the money I need and chasing my dreams. If I get this job, it should lead to me having the time to self-publish. If I get to go this route, this dreamers dreams can start coming true.

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Always wishing you the best, Nicki! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOOD LUCK TODAY!!! Knock them dead. You totally have built up so much, I have faith in you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the necklace on Saturday. I smiled as I inspected the inscription. It brought me hope. Thank you! =)

    ReplyDelete