Saturday, May 21, 2011

Dreamers hit the road


Today, this weekend...ROAD TRIP! It's going to be the first of many. That this one is my first, super special.

Yup, we (me, Rachel, Keenan and her boyfriend, Austin) are heading to Atlanta. Hotlanta, here we come! It's going to be a brief trip, but jam packed with fun!

See, Rachel's birthday is next weekend. She turns the big 17! How is it possible I'm old enough to have a 17 year old daughter? Wow. Anyway, for her birthday she wants to go to Atlanta. We'll be hitting the aquarium. We have a thing for the whale sharks. Okay, maybe a little something for the Beluga, too.

Water is therapy for me. So, we'll have a blast being close to a gajillion gallons of it.

We're staying at this fantastic hotel we've stayed at before. I'm really looking forward to it. We've packed board games for the hotel. We may hang out in the pool. There will be a continental breakfast in the the morning. And then...the aquarium.

So, I'm going to enjoy the time with the kids. And when I get back, I'll throw myself into my writing and my packing. I have much to do. I have some time to do it in. Let's not look too far into the future yet. Right now...road trip with the kids. And...breathe.

See you Monday...unless there was some validity to that whole rapture thing. In which case...I'm glad I'm going to be with the kids.

3 comments:

  1. Have fun! Sorry I'm going to be missing you guys this time around. Stupid bills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's okay, Meredith! Soon enough we'll meet up. I just know it. Take care. Thinking of you. And I really think you should Skype me sometime, even if only the IM way. We need to support each other...

    Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a freaking blast!! you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete