Monday, May 23, 2011

Dreamers support one another


It's clear that I have become Rachel's new project. She can't wait for me to move. She can't wait for us to get our fresh start.

Yes, us. OUR fresh start. My kids are coming home. They don't want me to dream alone. They even mentioned a little something about missing me. And I think they hate how much time they spend alone. I get invited over to their father's house with alarming regularity.

So, we have a plan to work on. We're looking for furniture for the new place...the one I don't have yet. We're looking for a bed most of all.

Rumor has it, if I end up where I want to end up, I'll be getting a built in washer and dryer and a microwave. So, that would be one huge problem solved. I don't want to have to deal with buying and moving a washer and dryer. Too much work.

Ah, but the bed. This is something we're really excited about. I've never bought my own bed before. My very own bed. I feel so big. And I only had to wait 38 years for it. Seriously.

I know what I like...mostly. I know what I want...almost exactly. I'll get it...eventually.

Thus, bed shopping and apartment hunting will begin. We have a plan. And Rachel is so excited that she's started bookmarking furniture that she likes and thinks will be perfect for us. We'll see. There's a lot to consider, first and foremost...money. And I need mine to hold out for as long as possible. I've got no safety net. It's all on me.

Sometimes, I think I should be more scared than I am, but I know I can do this. I've done this before. I've got this. I have to. I have two kids depending on me. And I'm so glad that I do. They are my heart and my strength, my inspiration.

We have a good life. Well, we did before. And we will again. Together.

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo! The kids are coming home! How exciting! See? Things are looking up already. =)

    ReplyDelete